There’s something close the St. Patrick’s Day vacation that I love. Maybe it’s because I don’t convey to purchase gifts or excessively decorate the house. Maybe … it’s because I dear all things Irish. My grandmother was Irish Gaelic as well as my father’s advert was John Patrick. My son’s advert is John Patrick – I was supposed to last a man child (per my father’s request) as well as he was going to advert me Patrick. But I am a immature lady thus they named me Patricia. No worries – I ended upward alongside 3 brother’s 1 of which has Patrick for his middle name. I went to Notre Dame High School as well as our mascot was a leprechaun as well as nosotros were known equally the Fighting Irish Gaelic – much similar the university. Yeah, yeah, blah, blah – yous desire to know close the potatoes! Okay – I sentiment St. Patrick’s Day would last a adept fourth dimension to create the quondam “ode to the spud” post. So hither nosotros go!
Melting potatoes are amazing. This recipe was adapted from Cook’s Country magazine thus yous know it’s highly tested. I tweaked it a fleck as well as cutting it downward to serve ii +/- … that is if there’s whatever left over. But the bespeak is – yous require to brand these adjacent fourth dimension yous desire an easy, delicious, foul-proof Irish Gaelic patato side dish that volition impress! All yous require are potatoes, butter, salt, pepper, fresh thyme, garlic as well as vegetable broth. (The adorable Irish Gaelic patato peeler was a gift from my thoughtful daughter)
The hush-hush to these delicious potatoes is inwards the method. Select similar sized potatoes close 1 1/2 inches inwards diameter. Peel the potatoes, foursquare off the ends as well as thus cutting them crosswise into 1 inch pieces (roughly inwards half). Toss the potatoes inwards a mixture of melted butter, salt, pepper as well as thyme.
Cook inwards a hot oven, turning twice to ensure a adept char, as well as thus add together the garlic as well as vegetable broth. These came out of the oven crisp on the exterior alongside fluffy, creamy middles. This may hold back similar a greasy mess but its actually merely a modest amount of butter alongside the vegetable broth. The odor was amazing as well as I mightiness also last honest as well as say yous in that place weren’t whatever leftovers. I convey no sentiment if they operate on well!
Easy roasted potatoes that are crispy on the exterior alongside a fluffy as well as creamy middle. The fresh thyme as well as garlic actually come upward through. You gotta dear a adept spud!
Side Dish, Vegetables
Servings: 2 servings
peeled, alongside ends squared off as well as cutting crosswise into 1-inch thick slices, close iv (1 1/2-inch) potatoes
fresh thyme leaves,
plus to a greater extent than for garnish
peeled as well as petroleum chopped
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Adjust oven rack to upper middle seat as well as preheat a modest oven-proof skillet such equally shape iron.
- Toss the peeled as well as cutting potatoes alongside the melted butter, thyme, tabular array salt as well as pepper.
- Place the potatoes inwards a unmarried layer inwards the hot skillet as well as baking until the bottoms are lightly browned merely about the edges, close xv minutes. Remove the skillet from the oven as well as carefully plough each Irish Gaelic patato using tongs as well as a spatula. Return the skillet to the oven as well as roast some other xv minutes.
- Remove the skillet as well as flip the potatoes in 1 trial again as well as thus add together the vegetable broth as well as garlic to the pan. Roast for 10-15 minutes or until the sauce has reduced.
- Drizzle the sauce over the potatoes as well as serve garnished alongside fresh thyme sprigs.
Recipe adapted from December/January 2014 Cook's Country Magazine
I promise you’re having some amazing spring-like weather. We’re thawing out nicely as well as hold back forrard to blooming everything as well as anything! Have a wonderful weekend as well as thank yous thus much for stopping by!