Corn chowder with andouille sausage is a creamy, spicy too filling soup that’s easy to whip up for your next weeknight dinner. Excellent on common cold wintertime nights, merely so adept y'all’ll get in twelvemonth-circular.
You’ll love this corn chowder amongst andouille sausage recipe because it is flavorful together with filling, only tardily enough to make for a weeknight dinner. The andouille sausage provides flavour, spice, too estrus, while the creamy broth and sugariness corn balance the dish.
Here’s a tip: double the recipe and brand extra, because this chowder reheats beautifully the side by side twenty-four hour period.
The best office virtually this recipe is that the andouille sausage provides then much flavour, that a long listing of ingredients isn’t needed. Sometimes you only postulate a curt in addition to sweetness recipe for a weeknight dinner.
For this recipe, yous’ll postulate andouille sausage, chicken broth, milk, all-function flour, pepper, unsalted butter, chopped onions, cubed potatoes, and frozen corn.
I similar using fresh-frozen corn because it maintains the fresh season of the corn, in addition to is slowly to notice yr circular. However, y'all tin can easily substitute amongst fresh corn cutting off the cob, or canned corn.
Tips for making corn chowder
This corn chowder recipe is made in a single stock pot or large saucepan. You’ll too ask a whisk together with a ladle or large spoon.
First, you’ll lightly dark-brown your andouille sausage, and then take away it from the pan for a few minutes. I similar to use 1 of my soup bowls then every bit to not dingy extra dishes.
Next, you’ll lightly brownish your onions, and then coat them inward flour to create a roux. This is what will thicken your soup one time you lot add your remaining ingredients.
While adding your broth, I advise whisking the entire time until your flour in addition to broth are incorporated. This likewise helps to deglaze the bottom of the pan, adding all that season back into your soup.
Once yous’ve added all of your ingredients, all y'all call for to make is ready until your potatoes can easily live pierced through amongst a fork. This depends entirely on the size of your potatoes, as well as could accept less fourth dimension if you’ve used real pocket-sized diced potatoes.
More soup recipes
Looking for more than tardily homemade soups? Here are a few of my favorites.
- Hash Brown Potato Broccoli Soup
- Creamy Turkey Noodle Soup
- Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup
- Chicken Vegetable Soup
- One Pot Beef Tortellini Soup
Corn Chowder with Andouille Sausage
- two tablespoons unsalted butter or olive crude
- 12 ounces andouille sausage sliced into seize with teeth size pieces
- 1 medium onion diced
- three tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- two medium potatoes peeled and cubed into bite size pieces
- ii cups corn
- ane/four teaspoon black pepper
- ane loving cup whole milk
- In a stock pot over medium heat, add together butter. Slice sausage in addition to add to pan. Brown on both sides, well-nigh 3 to four minutes, and so withdraw from pan and gear up aside. Add onions in addition to permit to prepare for ii to three minutes, or until they set out to plough translucent.
- Add flour together with stir to coat onions. Cook for one infinitesimal, and then add chicken broth, whisking to contain. While whisking, scrape up the browned bits coating the bottom of the pan.
- Add potatoes, corn, sausage, pepper, in addition to milk to the pot, stirring to comprise. Bring to a boil, and so embrace together with trim down estrus to low. Simmer for seven-8 minutes, or until potatoes tin easily be pierced amongst a fork. This will depend on the size of your potatoes.
- Remove lid, take pan from estrus, in addition to permit to gear up for v minutes earlier serving. Optionally, elevation amongst parsley.
- Additional table salt has been excluded from this recipe due to the sodium in the chicken broth. Using no sodium broth will modify the sense of taste of this soup.
- Andouille sausage provides near of the flavour in this soup, too I do not recommend omitting it.
- Milk tin can be substituted amongst one-half & half or heavy cream for a richer, thicker soup.
- Leftovers tin be refrigerated for 2-three days. This soup reheats well inward a saucepan over medium estrus, or inward the microwave.