This pizza absolutely SCREAMS autumn. I tin can’t express my love for this season in addition to this pizza. There is something and so nostalgic nigh this fourth dimension of yr. I ever loved it every bit a kid as well as however make to this mean solar day. My mom would ever live cooking soups, stews, in addition to fresh staff of life, and I’d come up abode from schoolhouse to those aromas. We’d go pumpkin as well as apple picking, in addition to drink apple tree cider in abundance. My birthday is Nov 1st, the 24-hour interval later on Halloween, and then fall has e'er been a fun flavour full of memories, honey, and delicious food. I could go on too on. But I’ll spare you for the sake of sharing this insane pizza recipe 🙂
It starts alongside my fave homemade dough. So worth it.
Another seasonal favorite. Give me all the butternut!
Fontina? The creamiest meltiest cheese.
Bacon. Self explanatory.
Crispy fried sage for topping!
I was going to refer this pizza: Spiced Butternut Squash Pizza with Bacon, Sauteéd Spinach, Maple Caramelized Onions, Fontina, Balsamic Glaze, too Crispy Fried Sage, but I thought that may live a fleck overwhelming 🙂
Autumn Harvest Pizza
Prep Time one hr thirty minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time two hours
Servings 2 -four
For the dough:
package active dry out yeast
all function flour
whole wheat flour
bounding main common salt
For the pizza:
medium butternut squelch, peeled as well as cubed into 1/two'' chunks
large ruby-red onion, thinly sliced
pure maple syrup
bacon, cooked and crumbled
fontina cheese, freshly grated
parmesan cheese, freshly grated
coarsely earth cornmeal
common salt as well as pepper
olive rock oil
balsamic glaze for finishing (optional)
- Begin past making the dough. Pour parcel of yeast into a big bowl as well as add together one loving cup of warm water too every bit the honey. Let sit down for ten minutes roughly or until a bubbly foam forms at the acme. Then, add together both flours, the sea table salt, together with olive oil, as well as stir to combine alongside a wooden spoon.
- Then, accept the dough out of the bowl onto a lightly floured surface, and knead for five to half-dozen minutes, until it is thoroughly combined too develops an elasticity.
- Rub the inside of the bowl with a tablespoon or so of olive petroleum, as well as home the dough ball inward the bowl, and then rub a scrap more than olive oil on the peak. Let sit down in bowl, covered amongst a dish towel for ane-i i/two hours to rising. Dough should double inward size subsequently this fourth dimension.
- While waiting for the dough to ascent, yous can roast the crush and ready all the toppings. Preheat oven to 425℉. Add the butternut to a big baking canvass and drizzle with a little olive crude oil. Sprinkle on the cinnamon, clove, allspice, nutmeg, salt, as well as pepper too toss. Roast for 20 minutes or until lightly gold and soft, tossing one time during cooking.
- While squash is roasting, make the caramelized onions. Preheat large skillet to medium/high estrus together with add together two T. olive crude oil. Add onions together with a pinch of table salt and pepper in addition to prepare, stirring often for xx minutes close to, until gilded and caramelized. When they wait virtually done, add the maple syrup as well as cook for xxx seconds to a infinitesimal, in addition to withdraw from estrus. Set aside inwards a assort bowl.
- Use the same skillet to brand the spinach. Quickly add another drizzle of olive crude oil too the garlic. Add the spinach as well as fix for a minute, until wilted. Set aside.
- Lastly, brand the sage. In a small-scale skillet or saucepan, melt the butter over medium/high estrus. Once it starts to sizzle, add the sage leaves too cook for a infinitesimal just about per side until slightly gilt. Drain on newspaper towels.
- Once dough has risen, heighten oven temp to 450℉. Roll out the dough until it is about i/four inch thick, to tally the shape of your baking sail or stone.
- Sprinkle the cornmeal (mayhap i/ii T.) onto a large baking skeet or pizza stone, to ensure the dough wont stick too for extra crispiness. I likewise pass the baking canvas a piddling spray of cooking spray. I make this to all of my pizzas, it’s a cracking fob!
- Put rolled dough on baking sheet. Top amongst half of the fontina, so the onions, and so the sauteéd spinach, so the butternut squelch, the bacon, the remaining fontina, and the parm. Bake for xv minutes or until aureate and bubbly, too finish amongst balsamic glaze if using, and tiptop amongst fried sage leaves. Devour!
I know this seems similar it has a lot of components, and it kind of does, just each ane plant together then perfectly too it is SO worth it. It helps to prep all the toppings ahead of fourth dimension, or spell the dough is ascent.
Trader Joe'sec has a practiced fresh pizza dough inward the fridge section if yous're not into making your own!
SO much dearest for this.